Representing Individuals And Businesses In Tax Audits And Appeals
An IRS audit is a serious matter that could result in the assessment of IRS tax liabilities, penalties and interest against you or your business. If you are being audited or the IRS has placed you under investigation, it is important to contact an experienced lawyer right away.
At the law firm of Boog & Cruser, P.C., our tax practice is led by Denver IRS audit attorney Amanda Boog Cruser, a former U.S. tax prosecutor and certified public accountant who has been representing individual and business taxpayers in IRS audits and appeals since 2004.
Taking Steps To Ensure That Your Rights And Interests Are Protected
Often, taxpayers think that they can represent themselves or rely on their tax preparers to represent them in audits. The results can be disastrous. To ensure that no stone is left unturned, it is vital to hire an experienced tax attorney. If you retain our firm to represent you:
- We will help you organize your records to support how you filed your tax return.
- We will help you identify any errors or issues upfront so you are prepared for your audit.
- We will ensure that the auditor receives no more than the required information.
- Your audit will be held in our office rather than your home or place of business.
- We will work diligently to minimize any tax liability and penalties you may owe.
If you disagree with the results of your audit, we can help you pursue an audit reconsideration and appeal within the IRS. As a licensed attorney, Ms. Cruser can also represent you in U.S. Tax Court.
Audits And Appeals · Tax Attorney Serving Boulder, Colorado Springs, Aurora
If you have received an IRS audit letter or notice, the IRS has requested more information about your tax return, or your audit has turned out poorly and you would like to appeal, do not hesitate to contact us at 303-986-5769 or by email for a free initial phone consultation.